If you’re lucky enough to have a daughter, welcome to the club!
You want her to know how much she means to you, whether you say it in person, in a greeting card, over the phone or on social media.
But sometimes it’s hard to word something that’s so all encompassing.
That’s why I’ve been scouring the internet to find some great quotes that can capture all those feelings, and lend meaning to all those cute Instagrammable moments.
I have found 50 really great quotes that are so relatable and are sure to warm your heart.
They include ones from Taylor Swift, Michelle Obama, J.K. Rowling, Emma Watson, Barack Obama, Oprah Winfrey, Malala Yousafzai and more!
Most of them are written from a mother’s point of view, but some are from a father’s point of view, and some are from a daughter’s point of view.
These quotes may speak of the bond you share with your daughter, how they make you feel, what you want for them in life, and some provide advice and guidance to impart to your daughter to empower her in who and what she wants to be.
And without further ado, let’s get going!
- “A daughter is a miracle that never ceases to be miraculous… full of beauty and forever beautiful… loving and caring and truly amazing.” ~ Deanna Beisser
(The above quote describes how I feel about my own daughter!)
- “I will let my daughter do whatever her heart wants. I will support and guide her and give her all the knowledge that I have because I want her to succeed in whatever she loves.” ~ The Miz
(You can pledge this to your daughter, so she knows she’ll have your support no matter where her life takes her as she fulfills her dreams.)
- “Here’s to strong women. May we know them, may we be them, may we raise them.” – Unknown
- “I hope that my daughter grows up empowered and doesn’t define herself by the way she looks but by qualities that make an intelligent, strong and responsible woman.” ~ Isaiah Mustafa
(In this Instagram and TikTok age, it’s just too easy for girls to focus on their body and appearance. But this is nothing compared to what’s in their hearts.)
- “The best music I have ever heard is the sound of my daughter giggling.” ~ Deasish Mridha
(I can relate to this! I love to hear my daughter being happy)
- “Your father’s will understand. You have a little girl. An adorable little girl who looks up to you and adores you in a way you could never have imagined. I remember how her little hand used to fit inside mine.
Then comes the day when she wants to get her ears pierced, and wants you to drop her off a block before the movie theater. From that moment on, you’re in a constant panic.” — Steve Martin as George Banks, Father of the Bride
(That about sums it up!)
- “It’s your job as a parent to help your daughter identify her purpose, develop her talents, and learn how to get along with people.
It’s not a high-paying or cushy job, but it is extremely rewarding and one of the most important jobs you’ll ever do.” ~ Mary Anne Richey
- Find it within you to love exactly who you are and to know you’re capable, you’re loved, and you’re beautiful, inside and out. The world is a better place because of you. You are unique because there is only one of YOU.” ~ Shantel VanSanten
(This is such an important message to give our daughters.)
- “Tell her every day she is smart and capable, and lift her up. Don’t underestimate the power of day-to-day motivation and inspiration in a girl’s life.” — Michelle Obama
- “Teach your daughter to worry less about fitting into glass slippers and more about shattering glass ceilings.” ~ Unknown
(I just love the quote above – being a woman in the world is less about finding prince charming than breaking down the boundaries of female oppression. Encourage your daughters to aim high and never give up.)
- “I’m raising a strong girl. Because strong girls grow up to be strong, confident women. Because strong women hold a hand out to other women and support them on their climb.
Because one day she’ll have to stand on her own two feet, fight for herself and face this world without me. Because she needs to be able to take care of herself and not rely on a man to do it for her.
Because life is filled with ups and downs, and she needs to learn how to weather the storms with resilience and grit. Because there are glass ceilings to be shattered. Because I know she holds the power within.” ~ Unknown
(A long quote, but a good one. We must all raise strong daughters, because it’s strength that will get through the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. And they need to know why they need to be strong, so that they buy into it and become strong, proud women.)
- “We must teach our girls that if they speak their mind, they can create the world they want to see.” — Robyn Silverman
(Just as Michael Jackson said to start with the man in the mirror, we must tell our daughters that changing the world for the better is down to individuals like themselves. Tell them to be the change they want to see in the world.)
- “Words are not enough to describe the unconditional love that exists between a mother and a daughter.” ~ Caitlin Houston
- “Find it within you to love exactly who you are and to know you’re capable, you’re loved, and you’re beautiful, inside and out. The world is a better place because of you. You are unique because there is only one of YOU.” ~ Shantel VanSanten
(This is such an important thing to tell our daughters.)
- “We have to be the women we want our daughters to be.” — Brené Brown
(Kids learn by example, so be strong, be wise, and above all, be caring.)
- “To my daughter, never forget that I love you. Life is filled with hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can. Be the woman I know you can be.” ~ Unknown
- “Little girls with dreams become women with vision.” ~ Unknown
- “Let my girls be Hermiones, rather than Pansy Parkinsons.” — J. K. Rowling
(Harry Potter fans are sure to love this quote!)
- “Until you become a mother, no one can ever tell you what it feels like to love someone so deeply and profoundly that you will rejoice when they rejoice, ache when they ache, feel what they feel, without ever speaking a word.” ~ Jennifer Quinn
(This is so true.)
- “Angels are often disguised as daughters…” ~ Unknown
- “Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be.” — Clementine Paddleford
(I just love that quote.)
- “There were times when I didn’t have a lot of friends. But my mom was always my friend. Always.” ~ Taylor Swift
- “My daughter, if I could give you one thing in life, I would give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes. Only then would you see how truly special you are. ~ Unknown
(I think this is something all we parents feel.)
- “The future must not belong to those who bully women. It must be shaped by girls who go to school and those who stand for a world where our daughters can live their dreams just like our sons.” — Barack Obama
(Such a powerful statement from such a powerful man.)
- “Let’s teach our daughters it’s not about being beautiful. Teach them to be bold. Be silly. Be strong. Be confident. Be independent and intelligent. Be brave and fierce. Be real, in a world full of fake. Let’s redefine beauty. ~ Unknown
- “The mother-daughter connection is the most complicated of all. You argue, you make up, you laugh, you cry. But through it all, you forget. You forgive.
You love unconditionally. In spite of what you’ve been through and perhaps because of the storms you’ve weathered together, your love grows stronger and steadfast. It is a bond that can never be broken.” ~ Raising Teens Today
- She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.” Proverbs 31:25
(Even the bible has quotes about raising daughters.)
- “Make your daughter so capable that you don’t have to worry about who will marry her. Instead of saving money for her wedding day, spend it well on her education and most importantly, instead of preparing her for marriage, prepare her for herself. Teach her self-love and confidence.” ~ Komal Sahid
- “She might look like you. She might act like you. She might even remind you of your younger self, yet she is unique. She is wiser than you were. She is stronger than you were.
She is all the best parts of you and so much more. She is herself. She is beautiful. She is your baby all grown up. She is an amazing young woman, and she is a gift.” ~ M.M. Coder
- “Mother and daughter never truly part, maybe in distance, but never in heart.” – Unknown
(This is the perfect quote for a mother and daughter who are apart through the daughter going to college or going traveling.)
- “If all girls were taught how to love each other fiercely instead of how to compete with each other and hate their own bodies, what a different and beautiful world we would live in.” ~ Nikita Gill
(This is so true.)
- “Dear Daughter, Promise me this… you will always remain true to yourself, regardless of the pressure you may receive from the outside world.” ~ Ali Flynn – Hang in There Mama
- “To become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is … I know for sure that few callings are more honorable.” – Oprah Winfrey
(Motherhood is so much more than simply feeding and clothing your child, it’s about being a life coach, and a shining light to guide the way.)
- “Never extinguish the fire of feistiness in your daughter’s heart. It may drive you crazy now, but one day they will be the tools she uses to stand up for herself.” ~ Unknown
- “I want every girl to know that her voice can change the world.” ~ Malala Yousafzai
(This quote comes from the brave, determined, and inspirational young girl who wrote the book “I am Malala”.)
- “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
(I think this is such an important message for mothers. Give up on trying to be a perfect mother, it can’t be done, simply be a good mother.)
- “Compliments of my daughter’s appearance are nice, but when someone compliments her as a person – her heart, her compassion, that she’s a good friend, a good listener or someone others can lean on when life gets hard, that’s when I know I must have done something right. ~ Raising Teens Today
(Such a nice quote.)
- “Raising an independent daughter feeds my soul with hope.” ~ Ali Flynn / Hang in There Mama
- “No matter how old she may be, sometimes a girl just needs her mom.” – Cardinal Mermillod
- “Girls should never be afraid to be smart.” ~ Emma Watson
(This is such a fitting quote from the young woman who played Hermione in Harry Potter.)
- “A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful memories of the present and the hope and promise of the future.” ~ Unknown
- The world needs strong women. Women who will lift and build others, who will love and be loved. Women who live bravely, both tender and fierce. Women of indomitable will.” – Amy Tenney
- “She’s stubborn, messy, moody and downright sassy, at times. But when I look in her eyes, I see a beautiful, perfect girl, who just needs a little time to grow up.” ~ Raising Teens Today
(Sums it up, right?)
- “Raise a daughter that people are a bit scared of. Teach her to be fierce and independent. Teach her not to care what other people think. Raise her to be a little warrior who is going to change the world and make a difference.” ~ The Barefoot Truther
- “Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of; the heck with sugar and spice.” – Bethany Hamilton
(I just love this quote, so sassy – and right!)
- “Let her not follow me, but take the path next to me and go further than I would have ever dreamed.” ~ Unknown
(Your daughter doesn’t have to follow in your footsteps – let her dream take flight, and be by her side as she achieves everything she ever dreamed of.)
- “I think the hardest thing for a mother is to make it possible for a child to be independent and at the same time let the child know how much you love her, how much you want to take care of her, and yet how truly essential it is for her to fly on her own.” ~ Madeline Albright
(Madeline sure got that right if you ask me!)
- “Be a first-rate version of yourself, not a second-rate version of someone else.” – Judy Garland
(This is such an important message for your daughter, tell her don’t try to be someone she’s not, but to be her best self and live her best life.)
- “By the time a woman realizes her mother was right, she has a daughter who thinks she’s wrong.” ~ Unknown
(It takes time to develop maturity, as you may already know, so be patient with your daughter, she will surely get there in the end.)
- “If I could give my daughter three things, it would be the confidence to always know her self-worth, the strength to chase her dreams, and the ability to know how deeply loved she is.” ~ Unknown
I hope you’ve enjoyed browsing through these lovely heart-warming quotes, and you’ve picked a few to impart to your girl!
- A Guide To The Best Homeschooling Programs In Florida - September 8, 2023
- 16 Super Cool (And Simple) 1st Grade Science Projects To Do At Home - September 7, 2023
- Ideas For 20 Questions Games For Kids (Classroom Edition) - September 6, 2023