Going back to school after a long break can feel a bit demoralizing.
You have to start waking up early again and you have to study, and in most cases, you have to go back to wearing a uniform that you don’t really like!
Yes, going back to school isn’t a very popular thing, but that doesn’t mean that it can’t be fun too!
If you are feeling a bit sad about going back to school and you need some motivation and inspiration to get through it, then you have come to the right place!
We have put together a list of back-to-school quotes that will help get you in the mood for returning to your education, and you may even find some relatable and funny too!
So read on to find the perfect back-to-school quote for you!
Back To School Quotes
Whether you are starting back at school after your summer or winter break, or you just need a quote that feels relatable and inspiring, there are plenty of quotes out there for you to see.
You will find plenty of quotes on this list that will make you think “so true!” and you might even get a few laughs out of some of them.
And remember, starting back at school isn’t always the most fun time, but that doesn’t mean that it’s all going to be boring!
1. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pelé
2. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” — Dr. Seuss
3. “School is a lot like toilet paper. You only miss it when it’s gone.” — Anonymous
4. “Don’t try hard to fit in, and certainly don’t try hard to be different… just try hard to be you.” – Zendaya
5. “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow, belongs to those who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X
6. “The paradox of education is precisely this – that as one begins to become conscious one begins to examine the society in which he is being educated.” – James Baldwin
7. “Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
8. “I’m not going to school just for the academics. I wanted to share ideas, to be around people who are passionate about learning.” – Emma Watson
9. “High school looks so much cooler on TV.” — Unknown
10. “I would enjoy school more if I was allowed to bring a pillow.” — Unknown
11. “You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives.” — Clay P. Bedford
12. “All children start their school careers with sparkling imaginations, fertile minds, and a willingness to take risks with what they think.” — Ken Robinson
13. “Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher.” — Japanese Proverb
14. “You learn something every day if you pay attention.” — Ray LeBlond
15. “If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.” — Ben Franklin
16. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
17. “Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” — Aristotle
18. “Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.” – Kofi Annan
19. “We learn 10% of what we read, 20% of what we hear, 30% of what we see, 50% of what we see and hear, 70% of what we discuss, 80% of what we experience, 95% of what we teach others.” — William Glasser
20. “I came to understand the value of education, not just to enable me to make a good living, but to enable me to make a worthwhile life.” – Ruth Simmons
21. “What is the most important thing one learns in school? Self-esteem, support, and friendship.” — Terry Williams
22. “One day middle school will end and become high school and after that it just becomes life. All those things you think are important now won’t be anymore.” – Diary of a Wimpy Kid
23. “I’ve always loved the first day of school better than the last day of school. Firsts are best because they are beginnings.” – Jenny Han
24. “On the first day of school, you got to be real careful where you sit. You walk into the classroom and just plunk your stuff down on any old desk, and the next thing you know the teacher is saying, ‘I hope you all like where you’re sitting because these are your permanent seats.” — Jeff Kinney
25. “Everything is a learning process: any time you fall over, it’s just teaching you to stand up the next time.” — Joel Edgerton
26. “Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect.” — Alan Cohen
27. “Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. Remember that fear always lurks behind perfectionism.” — David M. Burns
28. “It’s one of my favorite seasons of the year: Back to School. As a kid, I loved fresh school supplies, new outfits, the change of seasons, and the chance to crack open a new textbook.” — Dana Perino
29. “You don’t have to be great to get started, but you have to get started to be great.” – Les Brown
30. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” — Nelson Mandela
31. “A well-educated mind will always have more questions than answers.” — Helen Keller
32. “Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.” – Unknown
33. “You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.” – Unknown
34. “Sometimes you have to do what you don’t love so that you can do what you love.” – Unknown
35. “This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change.” – Taylor Swift
36. “You’re off to great places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way!” – Dr. Seuss
37. “Give a bowl of rice to a man and you will feed him for a day. Teach him how to grow his own rice and you will save his life.” – Confucius
38. “A new school year means new beginnings, new adventures, new friendships, and new challenges. The slate is clear and anything can happen.” – Denise Witmer
39. “School bells are ringing loud and clear; vacation’s over, school is here.” – Winifred C. Marshall
40. “In an effective classroom, students should not only know what they are doing, they should also know why and how.” – Harry Wong
41. “With every book, you go back to school. You become a student. You become an investigative reporter. You spend a little time learning what it’s like to live in someone else’s shoes.” – John Irving
42. “You have to stay in school. You have to. You have to go to college. You have to get your degree. Because that’s the one thing people can’t take away from you is your education. And it is worth the investment.” – Michelle Obama
43. “When educating the minds of our youth, we must not forget to educate their hearts.” – Dalai Lama
44. “If you don’t understand, ask questions. If you’re uncomfortable about asking questions, say you are uncomfortable about asking questions and then ask anyway.” – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
45. “The purpose of education, finally, is to create in a person the ability to look at the world for himself, and to make his own decisions.” – James Baldwin
46. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
47. “The philosophy of the school room in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next.” – Abraham Lincoln
48. “Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.” – Albert Einstein
49. “Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
50. “Change is the end result of all true learning.” – Leo Buscaglia
51. “You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” – Oscar Wilde
52. “Learn as much as you can while you are young since life becomes too busy later.” – Dana Stewart Scott
No one really likes going back to school after a break, but even if it seems like it’s going to be boring or annoying, there are so many benefits to going.
Getting a good education will open so many doors for you, and these quotes will help you stay motivated and ready for when the day you have to go back to school comes back around!
- Is Power Homeschool Accredited? - May 5, 2023
- 10 Super-Inspiring Best Children’s Books By Black Authors - May 5, 2023
- 7 Fantastic Book Series For Middle Schoolers - May 5, 2023
Leave a comment